These are a lot of work but they are so worth it! Great for parties or get togethers, we enjoyed these bad boys over labor day weekend. I had extra cheese, lil smokies and bacon so I also made a variation with green bell peppers I had in the fridge.
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 10 bacon slices, cut in half
- 20 lil smokies
- 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane. If using bell peppers, quarter them after they are seeded.
- Mix the cream cheese, white cheddar, and chili powder. Fill the hollowed out portion of the peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Place the smokie on top of the cream cheese. Wrap the half slice of bacon around the jalapeno. If the bacon is not staying tightly wrapped, you can use toothpicks to secure it.
- Smoke the ABTs in the smoker, set at 225F, for 2-3 hours, or until the bacon is browned
To cook on the grill: Cook on a medium heat grill until the jalapeno is tender and the bacon is browned. Keep the lid covered while cooking. To cook in the oven: Bake the ABT's in the oven, set at 425F, for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is browned.
Recipe Credit, TheBlackPeppercorn.com