Spice

Spice

Monday, August 22, 2016

Turkey Sausage Sweet Potato Skillet



Over the past 3 1/2 weeks I have been on a quest to better myself. I am challenging myself to be the best version of me that I can be. "If you're not growing, you're dying" I started with changing my diet. I know I have been posting dessert recipes but I'm not really eating them. I leave that task to my guinea pig co-workers and my oh so hunky fiancé. I found this recipe last week and I loved it so much I've already had to make it again. Enjoy!

Ingredients

- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs. ground turkey (I have been using this amazing turkey sausage I found in the meat section at Publix. I highly recommend using it instead.)
- 1 tsp clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, diced
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (Brad found a delicious mozzarella provolone blend that worked wonderfully)
- Fresh parsley for garnishing

Instructions
  1. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
  2. Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.

At this point I put my beef cake love to work and made him chop the veggies. I don't know if that was necessarily the best idea as a sweet potato went flying across the kitchen more than once... lol
I love that man!

     3.Add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are gold brown.
     4.Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
     5. Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
     6. While the sweet potato is cooking pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
     7. When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and bring the skillet to the     oven to melt the cheese.
     8. When the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.

With the clean eating and not drinking my calories I have found an energy within myself that I haven't had in ages. It is so refreshing and I urge you to take that step to take care of yourself.



Recipe Credit- Primavera Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment