Spice

Spice

Monday, August 22, 2016

Trick 'r Treat Pie



 For any of you who don't know... I LOVE Halloween. Over the past couple of weeks every store I've gone to has already started putting out their Halloween merchandise and I couldn't be more of a fan girl about it. So while Halloween is over two months away I couldn't help myself when an opportunity presented itself to me to share my spooky spirit with my co-workers at our office pie contest. I will admit that I myself am not a fan of this combo, I do not like chocolate and apples together. But as I came in second place out of 5 top notch pies I would say other people do not share my opinion. The pie that came in first place was a pot pie so I like to put the spin on it that hey as far as dessert pies are concerned... Mine was number one!!!

This pie is so simple its stupid.

Ingredients
- Pie Crust (I used refrigerated store bought, the two pack box)
- Granny Smith Apples
- Snickers Minis

I highly recommend if you love cooking or baking with apples you purchase the below handy gadget. It makes life so much easier.

Instructions

- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Unroll one roll of pie crust and spread it evenly on the bottom of  your pie dish.
- Peel and chop up your apples.

- Unwrap a bunch of Snicker minis (don't forget to eat a few to make sure they aren't poisonous)
- Layer apples and Snickers in pie dish until you feel you have the right balance of fruit to candy.

- Unwrap your second roll of pie crust. Now at this point you can do whatever top crust shape or pattern you desire. I had cute Halloween cookie cutters on hand and choose an adorable little bat.

-Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour. Keep an eye on the crust. If it starts to brown too much take it out, cover it in aluminum foil, and throw it back in the oven.

- Take out of the oven, let cool and stuff your.... well... pie hole!









No comments:

Post a Comment